Chris Evans offers listeners the chance to join him on a private jet to Amsterdam to raise money for dementia charity on his Virgin radio Breakfast Show08/06/2019
CHRIS Evans has offered listeners the chance to join him on a private jet to Amsterdam to raise money for a dementia charity on his Virgin Radio Breakfast Show.
The 53-year-old DJ is set to run the Amsterdam Marathon later this year, and he is giving fans the opportunity to be there when he crosses the finish line.
Chris is running for Dementia Revolution and is now auctioning off 50 seats on a chartered plane from Farnborough to Amsterdam for the charity too.
Speaking on his radio show earlier today, Chris explained: "One and a half million people are affected by dementia in one way or another…. This is for Dame Barbara Windsor and Scott (her husband).
"It is for Dementia Revolution, that is that is why we are going there, that is why we are running. We going to auction off places on Thursday to come with us on this show.
"The package is fantastic, the frothy coffee man (Chris’ assistant) has really stepped up to the plate on this one. Real old school big charity package.
"Fly in style, we have hired a plane, we are going on own plane.
"Why the heck not? We got a private plane on a Boeing 737-300 VIP, with snacks, bar, tea and coffee."
He continued: "Jet off from Farnborough to Amsterdam with us guys on Friday 18th October to Monday 21st October. How come we are doing this? Because we want big bids, we want to make it special.
"We have 50 seats up for grabs… You can run the marathon, the half or five miler, which is 8KM, so you don’t have to be ready or you can just come along for the fun.
"As long as you pay for your trip!"
The auction will take place live The Chris Evans Breakfast Show with Sky between 06:30 – 10:00 am on Thursday 8th August.
Listeners are urged to call 020 7782 7777 to place their bid on the day to be in with the chance to be part of an unforgettable Amsterdam Marathon Weekender.
Chris is a keen runner, and has completed the London Marathon five times in the past, most recently this April where he finished the 26.2 mile run in four hours and 48 minutes.
The package in full:
The top bidders will enjoy an Amsterdam Marathon experience they will never forget!
– Fly in style with private jet transfers on a Boeing B737-300 VIP with complimentary bar, snacks, tea & coffee
– Jet off from Farnborough to Amsterdam on Friday 18th – Monday 21st October 2019
– Ground transfers from Airport to Hotel included
– Enjoy three night’s bed & breakfast accommodation at The Ramada Apollo Amsterdam
– Start the marathon shenanigans in style with a drinks party on Friday Night in the Sky Bar of the Westcord Fashion Hotel, hosted by Mizuno
– On Saturday 19th October 2019, take part in The Breakfast Run to celebrate Mizuno’s partnership with The Rijks Museum. A simple guided jog around Amsterdam to stretch those legs and take in some of the sights, including a tour of The Rijks Museum which houses Rembrandt’s most famous painting – ‘The Nightwatch’
– Entry into The TCS Amsterdam Marathon, The Mizuo Half Marathon or The TCS 8K, all including access to the Mizuno VIP area within The Olympic Stadium with refreshments pre, during and post-race on Sunday 20th October 2019
– Kit bag, including race tees, team jacket, track pants, socks and Wave Rider 23 Trainers
– And celebrate your marathon glory at our Sunday night party!
Remember, to place your bid you need to call 020 7782 7777 between 06:30 and 10:00 am on Thursday 8th August 2019.
Chris' best marathon time so far is four hours and 41 minutes, which he achieved in the 2017 race.
He previously said of running: "The marathon gives you a goal and a great focus. It means you have to lay off the naughty stuff after Christmas.
"Running is a positive addiction."
The Chris Evans Virgin Radio Breakfast Show with Sky, weekdays from 6:30am.
Source: Read Full Article