Ant McPartlin returning to Saturday Night Takeaway after two years08/04/2019
Ant McPartlin will be returning to present Saturday Night Takeaway alongside Declan Donnelly after two years away from the show.
The show, which will return to ITV in 2020, was taken off air last year while Ant stepped back from several of his TV commitments following his arrest for drink driving in March 2017.
He was fined £86,000 and given a 20-month driving ban following the crash in Richmond, which involved his Mini and two other cars.
Ant’s mother was in the passenger seat of the car at the time and the presenter said outside court: ‘I let myself down, I let a lot of people down. For that I’m truly sorry.’
The 43-year-old took a whole year off work to focus on his health and recovery, even stepping back from presenting I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here, as Holly Willoughby stepped in.
Dec was forced to present the final two shows of Saturday Night Takeaway on his own in 2017 while Ant took time off following the crash.
ITV bosses decided to rest the show this year while Ant sought help for his alcohol and prescription drug addiction but it is going to come back bigger than ever.
Sources told The Mirror: ‘There’s a real buzz around the show. It promises to be bigger and better than ever.
‘As much as Dec did a great job on his own, it just wasn’t the same without Ant.’
Ant will also be returning to co-present I’m a Celeb and it’s been reported that the duo have filmed a light-hearted skit called Two Men and a Boat to introduce his return.
It will see Ant and Dec set sail for Australia but get lost along the way and caught in a storm.
Bring it on.
Got a showbiz story?
If you’ve got a story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk Entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Source: Read Full Article