Rebekah Vardy holds slight edge ahead of WAGatha court showdown, claims expert05/09/2022
Get the best celeb gossip with the Daily Star Showbiz newsletter
Rebekah Vardy and Coleen Rooney are set to go head to head in court this week as part of their ongoing WAGatha Christie legal drama.
Their case is expected to be heard by the High Court on Tuesday (May 10), after Coleen sensationally accused Rebekah's Instagram account of leaking stories to the media.
Vardy has since launched a libel case against Wayne Rooney's wife and recently claimed her former agent, Caroline Watt, could have been behind the leaks from Coleen's private Instagram account.
Sources have now claimed that the High Court battle could see their legal fees reach an eyewatering £3million.
"The costs of a case like this are enormous but not entirely unexpected if both women are refusing to back down," a legal expert told The Mirror.
While the case is currently evenly-balanced, the source claims that Rebekah, 40, may hold a slight advantage ahead of their High Court stint.
The source continued: "It's all to play for but at the end of the day no one is a winner, other than the lawyers.
"It remains to be seen, also, what other bombshells will be served up and which woman will take the bigger PR hit."
Last month, court documents claimed Rebekah felt "betrayed" after discovering her former agent could have been behind the leaked stories to The Sun newspaper.
The claim was made by Mrs Rooney's barrister David Sherbourne at a pre-trial hearing.
"Now Mrs Vardy's case changed where she believes it may well be Miss Watts who was the person who leaked this," Mr Sherbourne told the High Court.
He said this was a "radical change", as Mrs Vardy had previously said: "Caroline Watt is not the source."
"She says 'it's awful to be betrayed'," Mr Sherbourne said, describing admissions in her second witness statement.
However, Vardy insisted that Watt continued to deny being behind any leaks from Coleen's Instagram account.
In written submissions, Mr Sherborne said that Mrs Vardy’s new statement "suggests Ms Watt was the source of the leak but claims that (Mrs Vardy) 'did not authorise or condone her'".
"It now appears, that she too 'believes' that Ms Watt is the source," Mr Sherborne added.
The barrister continued: "The collapse of Mrs Vardy's case over the last day has been remarkable.
"As of the evening of April 27 2022, in an abrupt change of position to her pleaded case since the outset, Mrs Vardy appears now to accept Mrs Rooney's case: that Caroline Watt, Mrs Vardy's close friend and PR, was the conduit by which stories from the defendant's private Instagram account were leaked to The Sun through her access via Rebekah Vardy's account."
Mr Sherborne told the court: "It has become undeniably obvious that Ms Watt is the source and Mrs Vardy, true to form says 'it wasn't me, I didn't realise and I didn't know anything about what was going on'."
The Mail on Sunday reported that Coleen has allegedly signed a deal to turn the ongoing drama into a documentary and filming has already started, with the show believed to be airing on Netflix.
Elsewhere, Vardy is reportedly in discussions to appear on Piers Morgan's Uncensored to tell her side of the story.
For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up for one of our newsletters here.
- Coleen Rooney
- Rebekah Vardy
Source: Read Full Article