Piers Morgan jokingly demands the Archbishop should apologise or lose his job

Piers Morgan jokingly demands the Archbishop should apologise or lose his job

03/31/2021

Former Good Morning Britain presenter Piers Morgan made a quick-witted remark on Twitter today after he suggested the Archbishop of Canterbury should be sacked unless he says sorry for “disbelieving Meghan Markle's secret wedding” claims.

The Archbishop’s comments regarding the wedding ceremony that took place in May 2018 contradicts Meghan’s admission that she married Prince Harry three days before their public ceremony.

The senior clergyman has now openly rejected their version of events and says he had signed Harry and Meghan's wedding certificate on the day millions of people around the world watched them marry.

Archbishop Justin Welby broke his silence on the matter today which has left an outspoken Piers Morgan, 56, feeling rather pleased with himself.

Taking to Twitter, the opinionated presenter said: “The Archbishop of Canterbury should either apologise for disbelieving Meghan Markle’s secret wedding claims – or lose his job.”

Archbishop Welby’s explanation of what took place doesn’t entirely correlate with Meghan and Harry's claim of a secret marriage which they revealed whilst being interviewed by Oprah Winfrey.

Talking to an Italian newspaper recently, the Archbishop said: “The legal wedding was on the Saturday.”

When asked whether he did actually marry Meghan and Harry three days before the public wedding ceremony, Justin, 65 said: “I had a number of private and pastoral meetings with the duke and duchess before the wedding.”

He continued: “The legal wedding was on the Saturday. I signed the wedding certificate, which is a legal document, and I would have committed a serious criminal offence if I signed it knowing it was false.

“So you can make what you like about it. But the legal wedding was on the Saturday. But I won't say what happened at any other meetings.”

In a statement last week, Harry and Meghan, who have now been relieved of their royal duties, backtracked on their private ceremony claims.

Speaking to the US website Daily Beast a spokesman for the couple said: “The couple exchanged personal vows a few days before their official/legal wedding on May 19.”

The Archbishop previously refused to speak on the matter, but the pressure grew as many said he should demystify the claims and clarify when the couple did in fact marry.

During the interview with Oprah, Meghan described the ceremony as an intimate one where the couple exchanged personal vows.

Harry also backed this up and added “it was just the three of us.”

Source: Read Full Article