Name that tune quiz – 21 questions and answers for music buffs05/10/2021
The Rolling Stones Olé Olé Olé!: Concert performance teaser
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Every pub quiz worth its salt has a ‘Name That Tune’ round. This can be from hearing snippets of pop songs to seeing emojis which spell out the title. Another music quiz favourite is the ‘complete the lyrics’ round, and Express.co.uk has brought these two quizzing rounds together for your home quiz.
Express.co.uk has delved into the archives of some classic hits to bring together some famous lyrics for your home quiz.
From big name country singers to Britpop bands, there is something for everyone.
From May 17, quiz fans will be able to return to their local for a pub quiz indoors, after Prime Minister Boris Johnson made his announcement.
To prepare for everyone’s favourite part of the quiz, here are 21 questions and answers for the ‘name that tune’ round.
READ MORE: New films on Netflix in May: What is coming to Netflix UK in May 2021?
Name that tune from the famous lyrics:
1. Like a river flows surely to the sea/Darling, so it goes, some things are meant to be
2. Spy on me baby, you a satellite/Infrared to see me move through the night
3. I tumble outta bed and stumble to the kitchen, pour myself a cup of ambition/Yawn and stretch and try to come to life
4. Ooh, see the fire is sweeping our very street today/Burns like a red coal carpet, mad bull lost your way
5. On the corner is a banker with a motorcar/And little children laugh at him behind his back
6. For here am I sitting in a tin can/Far above the world, Planet Earth is blue and there’s nothing I can do
7. My story is much too sad to be told/But practically everything leaves me totally cold
8. Look at me now, will I ever learn?/I don’t know how but I suddenly lose control, there’s a fire within my soul
9. It makes no difference if you’re black or white/If you’re a boy or a girl
10. Listen to the wind blow watch the sun rise/Run in the shadows, damn your love, damn your lies
11. But what it is, is something true/Made up of these three words that I must say to you
12. I turn away from the wall, I stumble and fall/But I give you it all
13. Oh why, did you have to run your game on me/I should have known right from the start you’d go and break my heart
14. You have my heart, and we’ll never be worlds apart/Maybe in magazines, but you’ll still be my star
15. Blue-jean baby, L.A. lady/Seamstress for the band
16. I want your ugly, I want your disease/I want your everything as long as it’s free, I want your love
17. I stay out too late, got nothing in my brain/That’s what people say
18. When she gets there she knows, if the stores are all closed/With a word she can get what she came for
19. Looking back on the memory of/The dance we shared ‘neath the stars above
20. You may say I’m a dreamer/But I’m not the only one
21. And all the roads we have to walk are winding/And all the lights that lead us there are blinding
1. Can’t Help Falling in Love – Elvis Presley
2. Sex Bomb – Tom Jones
3. 9 to 5 – Dolly Parton
4. Gimme Shelter – The Rolling Stones
5. Penny Lane – The Beatles
6. Space Oddity – David Bowie
7. I Get A Kick Out of You – Frank Sinatra
8. Mamma Mia – ABBA
9. Vogue – Madonna
10. The Chain – Fleetwood Mac
11. I Just Called to Say I Love You – Stevie Wonder
12. Woman in Love – Barbra Streisand
13. Heartbreaker – Mariah Carey
14. Umbrella – Rihanna
15. Tiny Dancer – Elton John
16. Bad Romance – Lady Gaga
17. Shake It Off – Taylor Swift
18. Stairway to Heaven – Led Zeppelin
19. The Dance – Garth Brooks
20. Imagine – John Lennon
21. Wonderwall – Oasis
Source: Read Full Article