Jada Pinkett Smith says family is focused on deep healing after Oscars smack04/20/2022
Jada Pinkett Smith has revealed her family is focusing on "deep healing" after her hubby Will's Oscars outburst.
Hollywood star Will hit the headlines last month when he stormed on stage and struck Chris Rock, after the comedian made a joke about Jada's shaved head.
The actress, 50, has now addressed the scandal via a statement on the first episode of Red Table Talk since it went down.
"Considering all that has happened in the last few weeks, the Smith family has been focusing on deep healing," said a message before the show.
"Some of the discoveries around our healing will be shared when the time calls."
The message said that, until then, the table would "continue offering itself to powerful, inspiring and healing testimonies".
The star, who has two children with Will, also referred to healing in her first Instagram post after the controversy.
While she didn't address the scandal directly, she uploaded a picture of the caption: "This is a season for healing. And I'm here for it."
The incident at the Oscars stunned the entertainment industry and the rest of the world.
It began when Chris made a joke about Jada, quipping that he couldn't wait for GI Jane 2.
Will, 53, strode on to the stage and struck the star, before returning to his seat and shouting to Chris: "Keep my wife's name out of your f****** mouth."
He has since apologised for his actions, saying his behaviour was "unacceptable and inexcusable" and that "violence in all of its forms is poisonous and destructive".
The Fresh Prince star also explained that listening to a joke about Jada, who has opened up about dealing with alopecia, was tough for him to bear.
Will has since been banned from attending the Academy Awards for the next ten years, with a statement Academy president David Rubin and CEO Dawn Hudson reading: "Today, the Board of Governors convened a meeting to discuss how best to respond to Will Smith's actions at the Oscars, in addition to accepting his resignation.
"The Board has decided, for a period of 10 years from April 8 2022, Mr Smith shall not be permitted to attend any Academy events or programs, in person or virtually, including but not limited to the Academy Awards."
For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
Source: Read Full Article