Im A Celebs Louise Minchin warns trolls ‘expect prison’ as stalker is jailed12/22/2021
Louise Minchin has warned internet trolls that they “can expect a prison sentence” for their actions after her stalker was jailed for threatening her and her daughter online.
The I’m A Celebrity contestant has broken her silence following the sentencing of Carl Davies, who sent abusive messages to the ex-BBC Breakfast host.
Ex-soldier Carl also targeted the broadcaster’s 19-year-old daughter Mia during his run of abuse, which left the doting mum in a “constant state of anxiety".
But on Wednesday afternoon, the convicted stalker was sentenced to two years and eight months after he sent the vile messages last year.
Back in July 2020, Davies told Louise to “move or you’re f***ed” in one harrowing message and said in another: “Your daughter will definitely be raped.”
He accompanied the abusive messages with information on their home address, the village they lived in and the cars in their driveway at the time.
Since the news of his sentencing was announced, the presenter took to Instagram to share her thoughts on the news after more than a year of anguish.
She penned: “The sentencing today of a man who made horrific threats online against my daughter and I, marks the end of what has been a very distressing time for both of us.
“I would like to thank North Wales Police and The Crown Prosecution Service for their hard work successfully investigating and prosecuting the case.
“I hope it sends a clear message that people who make violent threats via social media can be found, can be prosecuted and can expect a prison sentence.”
Davies was also handed a lifetime restraining order back in 2019 for threatening to stab and burn his ex-girlfriend, Girls Aloud singer Nicola Roberts.
He set up 35 fake social media accounts in order to send thousands of hateful messages via Twitter and Instagram to his former partner before he moved on to target Louise just 11 months later.
Mold Crown Court heard how the broadcaster and her family were completely “terrified” by the vile messages she received and are still “cautious” more than one year on.
The statement said: “A year later, we are still extra cautious; we still don’t feel safe and possibly never will.
“I couldn’t sleep, and would jump at the slightest noise. We had to make changes to our lives – where we walk, where we’d go for a run.
“We no longer felt safe in our home or anywhere else.”
For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
Source: Read Full Article