Hollywood actor Kevin Spacey pleads not guilty to sexual assault charges

Hollywood actor Kevin Spacey pleads not guilty to sexual assault charges

07/14/2022

Get the best celeb gossip with the Daily Star Showbiz newsletter

Kevin Spacey has pleaded not guilty to a total of five charges of sexual assault at the Old Bailey.

The Oscar winner stands accused of four charges of sexual assault and one count of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent, all of which he has pleaded not guilty to.

Spacey arrived at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Thursday morning in a black Mercedes.

He wore a light blue suit with a white shirt and a polka-dot tie as he entered the Old Bailey to enter his plea on July 14.

The Hollywood star denied five allegations relating to three men, who are now in their 30s and 40s.

Spacey was listed under his full name, Kevin Spacey Fowler, and appeared in person after he was granted unconditional bail.

He spoke to confirm his name and date of birth before denying four charges of sexual assault and one count of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.

The alleged offences reportedly took place in London and Gloucestershire between 2005 and 2013.

Spacey worked as an artistic director of The Old Vic theatre in London at the time of the alleged offences.

Last month, at the initial court hearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court, Spacey’s lawyer Patrick Gibbs QC said Spacey “strenuously denies any and all criminality in this case”.

Mr Gibbs also said that Spacey had turned to the UK to “establish his innocence”, while adding he wants to “proceed with his life” following the allegations.

The Crown Prosecution Service had authorised the charges against him in May but he was formally charged when he returned to the UK after travelling last month.

A breakdown of the charges include two counts of sexual assault on a man in London in March 2005.

He has also been charged for one count of sexual assault and one count of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent on a man in London in August 2008.

Finally he was charged with one count of sexual assault on a man in April 2013 in Gloucestershire.

Spacey released a statement to Good Morning America shortly after the allegations were made and said he was “disappointed” with the decision to move forward.

He added: “I will voluntarily appear in the UK as soon as can be arranged and defend myself against these charges, which I am confident will prove my innocence.”

After the claims were made against him Spacey was let go from his role in Netflix’s House of Cards, while Ridley Scott replaced his scenes in All The Money In The World with Christopher Plummer.

For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

  • Breaking News
  • Hollywood

Source: Read Full Article