You can now get a KFC double chicken zinger burger with gravy and garlic sauce07/09/2019
KFC fans can now get their hands on a finger lickin' good new burger called the "Hacker" that combines TWO pieces of chicken with gravy and garlic mayo.
The Colonel has revealed the menu trick, which sees an original recipe fillet combined with a spicy zinger fillet for the first time.
Now, this isn't a burger you can actually order off the menu, but it's a way to manipulate existing dishes to make your very own tasty treat.
If it's popular, KFC says it could even become part of the actual menu by this time next year.
Sadly the Hacker doesn't come cheap though – KFC prices vary by restaurant but the price you'll pay in London is a hefty £7.67.
And that doesn't include fries and a drink, although you can pay an extra 40p to make your zinger tower burger a meal with these included.
How to make the 'Hacker' burger
HERE'S how to make KFC's secret hacker burger:
- Order a zinger tower burger without the mayo and salsa, which costs £4.59 (or upgrade to a meal with chips and a drink for 40p more at £4.99).
- Next, order a mini fillet burger without the mayo costing £1.49, a regular pot of gravy for £1.29, and garlic mayo sauce for 30p.
- Remove the top bap of the zinger tower burger and immediately remove all contents, including the hashbrown and cheese to ensure it doesn’t melt onto the zinger fillet.
- Now, grab the bottom bap and start building. First, add a layer of garlic mayo onto the bottom bap and place the lettuce from the zinger burger on top of it.
- Then add your zinger fillet and put another layer of garlic mayo on top, followed by the hashbrown and cheese.
- Now, add your mini original recipe fillet and a layer of gravy.
- If you have extra cheese, now’s the time to add it in. Finish with some more crispy lettuce from the mini fillet burger.
- And finally, place your burger bun on top and tuck in.
If you're up for trying the hack, we explain what you need to order and how to assemble the treat in the box above.
The fast-food chain revealed the burger to celebrate national fried chicken day on Saturday July 6.
But KFC told The Sun that you can order these menu items any time – so if you didn't get your chicken fix over the weekend then there's no need to despair.
A KFC spokesperson said: “We just had to go big for national fried chicken day. And what better way to celebrate than with a burger in honour of the real chicken aficionados?
"Our fans always tell us about their favourite KFC items, so it was only fitting to put them all together for the ultimate national fried chicken day treat.”
In other good news for KFC customers, the chicken chain has slashed the price of its boneless banquet to £5 this week and it's brought back its trilogy box meal.
But KFC recently came under fire when its new vegan burger sold out after FOUR days.
The chain has also launched mash and rice as sides but ditched Pepsi for its new fruit drinks in some restaurants.
Source: Read Full Article