Apple Airpods Black Friday 2021: Save £50 on Airpods Pro now11/04/2021
APPLE Airpods Black Friday offers are at the top of music lovers' lists this year.
They are considered one of the best pairs of wireless earbuds available, so we've done the hard work for you and have found the best savings.
*We may earn revenue if you click the links below and buy the products but we never let this affect our recommendations. Remember, to shop around on Black Friday to make sure you're getting the best price.
- Shop AirPods deals at Amazon UK – here
- Shop AirPods deals at Amazon US – here
Black Friday Airpods deals
Now that we're firmly into November, we're beginning to see Black Friday deals trickle through – we've already spotted £50 off the Airpods Pro in Very's early Black Friday deals, a saving of 20%.
- Apple Airpods Pro with Active Noise Cancelling, £199 (save £50) – buy here
More Apple Airpods deals
We're keeping an eye on Airpod prices ahead of Black Friday 2021.
There's currently four varieties of Airpod we're tracking: the Airpods second generation, the Airpods second generation with wireless charging case, the Airpods Pro and the Airpods Max. That range might be expanded in the future, though, with rumours circulating of a third generation to be released later this year.
Here are the best deals to shop right now:
Apple Airpods II
- Apple Airpods II, £119 at Amazon UK – buy here
- Apple Airpods II, $119 at Walmart – buy here
Apple Airpods II with wireless charging
- Apple Airpods II wireless charging, £149 (save £50) at Amazon UK – buy here
- Apple Airpods II wireless charging, $159.99 at Walmart – buy here
Apple Airpods Pro
- Apple Airpods Pro, £199 (save £20) at Amazon UK – buy here
- Apple Airpods Pro, $197 at Walmart – buy here
Apple AirPods Max
- Apple Airpods Max, green, £429 at Laptops Direct – buy here
- Apple Airpods Max, silver, $499 at Walmart – buy here
When is Black Friday 2021?
Black Friday falls the day after Thanksgiving is celebrated in America. As American Thanksgiving is always the fourth Thursday of November, Black Friday is the fourth Friday of the month. That means that Black Friday 2021 will be on Friday, November 26.
When is Cyber Monday?
Retailers encourage shoppers to go online to shop the last of their deals on Cyber Monday.
This year Cyber Monday falls on November 29.
Apple Airpods Black Friday 2021 deals to look out for
There is much speculation around a new Apple Airpods 3 model, but it's unconfirmed whether or not they will arrive this year. According to rumours, they may arrive with the new iPhone 13 in September.
They are likely to arrive with a price tag similar to the one the Airpods 2 had when they were new, meaning that Apple may continue to sell the Airpods 2 at a lower price tag.
If that turns out to be true, Black Friday's Airpods 2 and Airpods Pro deals are likely to be impacted. We'll almost certainly see decent deals on both models as prices continue to creep lower, and we may see them bundled with iPhone contracts from phone retailers too.
Apple's own pricing rarely changes, and Airpods (with wired or wireless charging case) are priced at £159 – with the Airpods Pro £249 and the Airpods Max at £549.
Any significant discounts on these are worth considering – they're difficult to find, especially on the Max headphones, as they only came out in December 2020.
Which retailers will have deals on Airpods?
We'd keep an eye on the following retailers for Black Friday Airpods offers:
- Currys PC World
- John Lewis
- Laptops Direct
- Best Buy
More Apple Black Friday Deals
- All Apple Black Friday deals
- Apple Airpods Black Friday deals
- Apple Watch Black Friday deals
- iPhone 12 Black Friday deals
- iPhone 11 Black Friday deals
- iPhone 13 Black Friday deals
- iPhone SE Black Friday deals
How much will Airpods be on Black Friday?
There could be last minute deals, but it is hard to say for sure. We have already seen discounts of £105 on the Airpod Max in the run up to Black Friday.
The price of Airpods 2 may be affected by the rumoured release of the third generation of the earphones in September — if they do hit shops before Black Friday, the price of the older sets may plummet.
How to connect Airpods
- To connect to an iPhone make sure the iPhone is up to date with the latest iOS release
- Hold the Airpods in the open charging case close to the iPhone
- Once you see an animation on your iPhone display tap 'Connect''
- Follow the setup guidance on the iPhone screen for Airpods or Airpods Pro
- You will need to set up "Hey Siri" on your iPhone if you haven't already done so
- Once completed, tap 'done'
- Your Airpods should automatically be set up with any other supported devices logged into iCloud under your Apple ID.
How much are Airpods?
There are regular recommended prices for Airpods, depending on the model. Prior to Black Friday, Apple's standard Airpods with the wired charging case (the cheapest model) would cost £159.
Slightly more expensive, the Airpods with wireless charging case cost £199. The more sophisticated Airpods Pro jump up to £249, with the overhead Airpod Max costing an eye-watering £549.
Are AirPods waterproof?
No. Airpods have an IPX4 rating, which means they are dust and splash resistant. While this makes them a good fit for gym workouts and surviving being splashed with water, they are not waterproof.
Submerging Airpods in water, which waterproof items can survive for a specific time depending on rating, is very likely to break them.
How to clean Airpods
You should be careful when cleaning Airpods. Avoid using liquids or cleaning products which might be abrasive, or may enter part of the earbuds.
Apple recommends a "soft, dry, lint-free cloth" for cleaning the outer casing of Airpods.
For the speaker mesh and microphone, Apple recommends "a dry cotton swab".
How to reset Airpods
To reset your Airpods you can follow these easy steps:
- Close the lid on your charging case and place your AirPods inside.
- Wait 30 seconds before continuing.
- Open the lid on your charging case.
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and hit the "i" symbol next to your AirPods. (If your AirPods aren't visible in Settings > Bluetooth, skip to the next step.)
- Press Forget This Device and confirm.
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case, with the lid open, for around 15 seconds, until the status light flashes amber, then white.
- Reconnect the AirPods by placing them near your smartphone with the lid open. Follow the instructions on the screen of your smartphone to complete the re-connection.
More Amazing Black Friday Deals
- Selfridges Black Friday deals
- Amazon Black Friday deals
- Currys Black Friday deals
- John Lewis Black Friday deals
- Argos Black Friday deals
- Very Black Friday deals
Do Airpods work with Android?
Airpods work with any Bluetooth-enabled device, which includes most Android, as well as most Windows computers and certain smart TVs.
Although Airpods do work with Android devices, it is worth keeping in mind that you will lose out on several handy features when you use them on non-Apple platforms, such as Siri, ear detection and customisable double-tap functions.
What Apple Airpods deals were in the sale last year?
Retailers including Amazon, Currys PC World and Very all had discounts on the coveted earbuds during last Black Friday.
The best Apple Airpods deal last year was at Very, which sold the 2nd generation of the Airpods with the wired charging case for £129 — a 19% saving.
Amazon matched that deal, while the next best Airpods deals were at Currys and Argos at £138 – a £21 saving.
However, as the 2nd generation of the Airpods gets older, it is possible that we'll see more dramatic savings this year.
What is the difference between Airpods and Airpods Pro?
The original Airpods which launched in 2016 have been discontinued, and a 2nd generation was launched in March 2019.
When ordering from Apple, the latest generation Apple AirPods (which came out in 2019), have an option of a wireless charging case.
They also include improved battery life and smart Siri assistant functionality and cost £159.
Other retailers often have two prices for the 2nd generation model: around £159 for the Airpods with the wireless charging case, and £130 with the wired case.
In October 2019, Apple announced its premium version of the AirPods, the Airpods Pro – which now cost £249 directly from Apple.
The Pro earbuds not only include active noise cancellation (ANC), but are also water resistant and come with a selection of ear-tips for improved comfort.
The wireless charging case comes as standard with the Airpods Pro.
Will Apple have Black Friday deals?
Apple doesn't do a Black Friday sale, but the tech giant does tend to offer vouchers to customers who have bought products from the Apple store over the Black Friday sale.
How much does Apple Airpods delivery cost?
Delivery from the official Apple website is free for Airpods, or £4.80 for express delivery. Meanwhile, next-day delivery on Amazon is free for Prime members, and a number of retailers will send Airpods free due to their price. However, prices will obviously vary between retailers.
Does Apple offer any other discounts?
Apple does not tend to offer discounts on its own website, but you will likely to be able to find Black Friday discounts on other Apple products like iPhones and Macs through other retailers.
Our tips for finding the best deals this Black Friday and Cyber Monday
IT might be tempting to dive in and snap up LOADS of items on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but here’s how you can guarantee you’re getting a good deal.
PREPARE Research the items you want to buy and find out the cheapest price. Websites like PriceSpy, PriceHistory and CamelCamelCamel will give you historical data on prices so you can see how much you should pay.
GET FOLLOWING Follow your favourite shops on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and sign up to its deals newsletter to get the latest on any offers. We post the best deals in our Sun Money FB group too.
CHECK FOR CODES Take a look at The Sun Vouchers, and see if you can get extra savings with discount codes.
Enjoyed our round-up of Apple Airpod Black Friday deals? Find out all about Black Friday here.
Don't forget to check out Sun Selects Tech for round-ups and comparisons of the best tech products.
For a wider range of products recommendations, head to the main Sun Selects page.
Source: Read Full Article