Tyler Skaggs Died From Oxycodone, Fentanyl & Alcohol Overdose

Tyler Skaggs Died From Oxycodone, Fentanyl & Alcohol Overdose


Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs died of a drug and alcohol overdose, a toxicology report obtained by RadarOnline.com reveals.

The report shows Skaggs had a combination of fentanyl, Oxycodone and Oxymorphone in his system.

The pitcher’s tragic cause of death is due to the mixture of “ethanol, fentanyl and Oxycodone intoxication with terminal aspiration of gastric content,” the autopsy states.

According to the report, his death is ruled an accident.


As Radar readers know, the newly married Skaggs was discovered unconscious in his hotel room Monday evening, July 21 in Southlake, Texas. He was just 27 years old.

He was due to play in a game that night against the Texas Rangers.

Skaggs had just played two days earlier for the Angels, pitching four innings and striking out five players.

“It is with great sorrow that we report Tyler Skaggs passed away earlier today in Texas,” the Angels said in a statement. “Tyler has, and always will be, an important part of the Angels family. Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife Carli and his entire family during this devastating time.”

Skagg’s family released a statement about his shocking death.

“We are heartbroken to learn that the passing of our beloved Tyler was the result of a combination of dangerous drugs and alcohol. That is completely out of character for someone who worked so hard to become a Major League Baseball player and had a very promising future in the game he loved so much,” his family said on Aug. 30.

“We are grateful for the work of the detectives in the Southlake Police Department and their ongoing investigation into the circumstances surrounding Tyler’s death. We were shocked to learn that it may involve an employee of the Los Angeles Angels. We will not rest until we learn the truth about how Tyler came into possession of these narcotics, including who supplied them. To that end, we have hired attorney Rusty Hardin to assist us.”

Source: Read Full Article