Travis Scott to refund Astroworld festival attendees after fatal surge11/08/2021
Travis Scott is planning to issue full refunds for all attendees who bought tickets to Astroworld festival, sources have confirmed.
Friday saw the music event end in tragedy after at least eight attendees were killed, with one victim as young as 14, and dozens injured when the crowd surged towards the stage, crushing fans.
The 30-year-old rapper had been performing on the stage at the time the deadly crush took place, and he went on to cancel the remaining performances planned for the weekend.
It has now been revealed to Metro.co.uk that the Sicko Mode hitmaker will provide refunds to all who attended the outdoor festival.
The source also said the Highest in the Room rapper will not perform at this weekend’s Day N Vegas Festival.
The reports come after it’s been reported Scott and guest performer Drake are being sued for $1,000,000 (£741,000) over the ‘preventable’ stampede.
Meanwhile, family members of the victims have begun to publicly pay tribute to their loved ones who died while Scott performed his set at NRG Park.
Around 300 were treated for injuries at the festival after the crowd began to compress towards the stage when the TKN rapper was performing, emergency officials said.
The incident began around 9.15pm on Friday, according to Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peña, who told reporters: ‘The crowd began to compress toward the front of the stage, and people began to panic.’
Scott had been seen asking for help for fans who had passed out in video footage from the night.
The rapper, who is expecting his second child with Kylie Jenner, shared a statement of his sorrow on Saturday, writing: ‘I’m absolutely devastated by what took place last night. My prayers go out to the families and all those impacted by what happened at Astroworld Festival.
‘Houston PD has my total support as they continue to look into the tragic loss of life. I am committed to working together with the Houston community to heal and support the families in need.
‘Thank you to Houston PD, fire department and NRG Park for their immediate response and support. Love you all.’
Metro.co.uk has reached out to Travis’ reps for comment.
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Source: Read Full Article