Bruno Tonioli 'to replace David Walliams  on Britain's Got Talent'

Bruno Tonioli 'to replace David Walliams on Britain's Got Talent'

01/17/2023

Bruno Tonioli ‘to replace David Walliams as a judge on Britain’s Got Talent’… after Alan Carr was tipped for the job

Bruno Tonioli is reportedly set to replace David Walliams as a new judge on Britain’s Got Talent.

The former Strictly Come Dancing judge, 67, is set to begin the filming auditions next week alongside his pal Simon Cowell and fellow judges Amanda Holden and Alesha Dixon following David’s exit amid his vile comments about BGT contestants. 

The news comes after it was believed that comedian Alan Carr, 46, was set to step into David’s shoes and join the panel.

New judge? Bruno Tonioli is reportedly set to replace David Walliams as a new judge on Britain’s Got Talent.

According to The Mirror, both Bruno and Simon are ‘thrilled’ by the signing, with the Italian choreographer’s appointment set to be made official in the coming days.

A source told the publication: ‘Bruno has all the right experience and his famous exuberance will go down a treat. He and Simon have long hoped to work together so this has proved the perfect opportunity. Everyone’s very excited.’

Meanwhile, The Sun reports that Bruno was show boss Simon’s preferred choice over Alan, with producers recently happening out an alleged six-figure deal for the star.

A source said: ‘For almost two months Alan may have been the favourite to take over from David, but Bruno was always Simon’s preferred choice.

Replaced: The former Strictly Come Dancing judge, 67, is set to begin the filming auditions next week alongside his pal Simon Cowell following David’s exit amid his vile comments about BGT contestants.

‘Not only does he have years of judging experience under his belt from his time on Strictly he will bring an outrageous brand of comedy that BGT needs on the panel.

‘In so many ways this is already the perfect job for Bruno as it sees him return to a glitzy showbusiness favourite that fits in with the rest of his work.’

The insider went on to add that the sealing of the deal had always been down to whether Bruno found the offer ‘enticing enough’ to commit to the show.

They added that the following a period of ‘intense negotiations’, and agreement has been reached that will see Bruno make a comeback to peime time Saturday night TV following his Strictly exit.

Change of plan? The news comes after it was believed that comedian Alan Carr, 46, was set to step into David’s shoes and join the panel (pictured at the Royal Variety in 2021)

MailOnline have contacted representatives of Bruno and Britain’s Got Talent for comment. 

In May it was revealed that had quit Strictly Come Dancing after 18 years.

The choreographer had been at the heart of the BBC dance show since its 2004 launch, though for the past two years he hasn’t been a regular on the panel due to pandemic travel restrictions amid his filming on Dancing With The Stars. 

It was revealed that Bruno will not be coming back to the UK version and will instead concentrate on being a judge on Dancing With The Stars, with a source telling The Daily Mail’s Richard Eden: ‘Bruno has quit the show for good. 

Exciting: ‘Bruno has all the right experience and his famous exuberance will go down a treat. He and Simon have long hoped to work together so this has proved the perfect opportunity. Everyone’s very excited’

Former Strictly pro Anton Du Beke has since replaced him on the panel.

It’s said that Bruno with continue with his Dancing With The Stars commitments as filming for that show takes place from September to December, while BGT auditions are early in the year with the live shows in June.  

Up until recently, Alan was tipped to join the panel after the reality show’s bosses decided that he would be perfect alongside Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden and Alesha Dixon.

It comes after David left the ITV show following recordings being made public of him making vile sexual remarks about two contestants during auditions in January 2020. 

Long-term: The Italian choreographer has been at the heart of the BBC dance show since its 2004 launch, though for the past two years he hasn’t been a regular on the panel

Replaced: Last year, Bruno was replaced on the UK judging panel Anton Du Beke amid difficulties jetting back and forth between the UK and the US amid Covid travel restrictions 

His exit came after he described an elderly contestant as a c**t and made vile sexual remarks about a woman taking part.

The remarks, first reported by The Sun, were made during auditions in January 2020 at the London Palladium.

In one incident, picked up on the show’s microphones, an older performer engaged in light-hearted banter with the judges in which he made a jibe about Walliams.

After the audition, the pensioner left, and Walliams is said to have described him as a ‘c**t’ three times.

‘Jumped before he was pushed’: David Walliams quit Britain’s Got Talent after ten years on the judging panel, weeks after he apologised for making vile remarks about contestants

Shocking: David’s future on BGT was in doubt after he described an elderly contestant as a c**t and made vile sexual remarks about a woman who was also competing on the show

In a separate incident, after a female contestant had walked off stage, Walliams remarked: ‘She’s like the slightly boring girl you meet in the pub that thinks you want to f*** them, but you don’t.’ He later added: ‘I know, she’s just like: “Oh, f*** off!” I was saying, she thinks you want to f*** her, but you don’t.

‘It’s the last thing on your mind, but she’s like: “Yep, I bet you do!”

‘No I don’t! I had a bit of a b***r, but now it’s going, it’s now shrivelled up inside my body.’

Walliams, one of the UK’s best-known television personalities and children’s book authors, was forced to apologise for his outbursts – but he insisted that they were private conversations.

In a statement, the former Little Britain star said: ‘I would like to apologise to the people I made disrespectful comments about during breaks in filming for Britain’s Got Talent in 2020.

‘These were private conversations and – like most conversations with friends – were never intended to be shared. Nevertheless, I am sorry.’

Saying sorry: In a statement, Walliams said: ‘I would like to apologise to the people I made disrespectful comments about during breaks in filming for Britain’s Got Talent in 2020’ 

Source: Read Full Article